first of all I wanna say Thank you so much to a lovely someone for telling me not to have much expectations when watching the recent Harry Potter movie,
mainly because friends complaint that its a let down... and total divert from the original book..
secondly because, and obviously, I got so high after watching the trailer which seems to be better than the previous movies..
well.. of course and we have already known, how could they make the film like the book..
its too... abstract at points... and I guess the movie makers are really targeting children as their audiences so it wouldn't be so dark....
and when I read from so many comments that this is the worst from all.. because comparing to others... it has no element...
well, you know what?
the main element here is darkness...
and mostly was written in a dark,gloomy feel...
how could younglings understand?
most people who never read the book would think that HP last lost its magical touch...
but of course.. by making it appealing to most people, all book fans (including me was disappointed)
but I was really disappointed long time ago... after the first movie.. LOL
so the reason why I kept watching is because of Emma Watson and a respect to JKR :D
ok, so how was the movie?
I honestly find it very very nice :D!
lol, because it was so funny and entertaining... the details are so finely expressed, easy on the eyes... and (okay start dropping jaws HP fans... ) even though I am sincerely a HP book lover, I forgot the subplots already of the sixth book... (don't despise me^^)
my alibi... I read it when I was 15 (4 years ago...how could I possibly remember).... and only once... I do not watch or read books twice...
except TRANSFORMERS... which (even though I loved it... I also felt a bit bored too the second round, I guess I just love surprises...)
why this film works? Praises for Bruno Delbonnel! The brilliant cinematographer behind the camera! and David Yates of course, the director :D I honestly think that the composition of the movie is so beautiful and the use of the environments to stay interesting and fun at all times.
The tone of the movie is excellent, and I realised how smart the dialogue has become, (I forgotten whether is it a rip from JKR works.. or the scripwriter, I meant the comedy mostly)
sarcasm and great comedic timing
I had such a wonderful experience watching the movie.
and the camera! wow! the direction of it, the way it focuses on characters of interest..
especially one part where Ginny and Harry was running through tall grasses to pursuit Bellatrix
wow...I read that it is shot with a high speed pan to keep the characters crisp as the foliage darts and blurs in their wake.
and the special effects are just AWESOME!!!!
my only complaints are the action scenes are so little..
and the magic spells are so.. subtle..
but yeah, I do agree everything major was covered up so quickly...
touch n go saja...
but it was replaced by great great great acting and film making, for once, I find Daniel Radcliffe not that irritating to look at...
(HAHA DON'T FLAME ME)
and I really wonder how are they gonna make the wedding scene....
since Bill and Fleur was absent...
and Dobby...
and THEY DIDN'T FILM THE FUNERAL! which I really wanted to see....
it was so sad... and dark yet beautiful...
I LUUUVVV....
ABSOLUTELY LOVE.... HALENA BONHAM CARTER!!


the actress who plays Bellatrix Lestrange ! oh my god, she potrays that character so perfectly and she is so exciting to watch!
(you can remember her from Terminator Salvation and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. and she's playing The Red Queen in
god I love crazy women!
and Evanna Lynch who plays Luna Lovegood! so cute :D
and I am 100% sure, to those who watched, you all are wondering... who is that cute,gorgeous dude who played Cormac Mclaggen right?
he's Freddie Stoma
err I mean Freddie Stroma :D
girls... and gays..==
get ready for some eye candy 

haha
and Lavander Brown just steals every scene!!
lovely!
haha
and yeah... they never took enough time to explain the details of the Horcruxes...
so I am anxious to see how will the explain it all in the last 2 parts...
I give it a 75% :D
and for you to compare... Transformers.. My all time favourite, is 90%
*****************************************************************************
"Have you ever noticed how beautiful the moon is?"
yesterday and this morning..
it was a full moon....
and gosh.... the illumination is so divine...
as two souls become one...
a new level of love is born ....
CONCLUSION = I was really really surprised...
the movie... and these 2 days...
thank you ^^
Saturday, July 18, 2009
My say on Harry Potter andThe Half Blood Prince
Spellbound by Fairytale Believer at 7/18/2009 11:05:00 PM
Labels: MOVIES, PERSONAL LIFE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 Pixie illusions:
i heard that harry potter was boring from my church, and i said to myself i must go watch it... since it is a sign that the movie is finally following the book... ahhh..
that guy has a nice body..
no not at all!
in fact in my humble opinion I think this is actually the best one ==
LOL
in terms of package and overall production
and its really really funny
I laughed a lot, or maybe I was really in a good mood...
lol
anyway go with low expectations and I'm sure you will enjoy the whole experience :D
I guess people who says its boring is because the lack of action in this one
Post a Comment