THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 27, 2008

RM6,Rm8,RM9 (part 3)

So the next movie after I watched "27 Dresses" was "Street Kings" which I watched with my BFF Jessica ( I hope she still is, cause I never knew...wow, that we actually argued that day and I overkilled...she's still not talking to me now-.- and that's is what I call DRAMA...too bad I won't post it... I don't think she'll like it either..but if you pay me at least Rm500 maybe I'll reconsider...^^)
Mukya! ^^

"Street Kings" Directed by David Ayer
Played by Keanu Reeves... (Jessica thinks he's hot=.=...hmm....-.-...ok fine he's good-looking =P)
but he's sometimes uninteresting to me though for this performance... either me bad mood or I really didn't enjoy his acting for this movie...

Well, it could be an enjoyable experience if we both wasn't so pissed off at that time...and poor CYY, she was in the middle of the war...but I don't think I should have pitied her..cause I think she enjoyed the drama...who doesn't? ^^

Well... Honestly, I think all the movies I've watched are nice... I mean I'm not much of a critic so all movies are good except for those really sucky ones that I cannot bear...

This movie is actually funny sometimes and serious, hella action... add in a test-tube full of suspense... a movie full of conspiracy and back-stabbing... quite an experience for people as innocent as me... lol but the PLOT... well, its kinda predictable...its not damn smart... but O.K
and I jumped in my seat twice =.=.... got shocked by the loud sound effects and sudden ambush of characters... how embarrassing T.T

(oh yeah, be warned..its violent... AND I LOVE VIOLENT MOVIES!! BSKK! XD )
BTW THERE'S THE GUY FROM "HOUSE"! Hugh Laurie... and he's actually not annoying here...
Dunno why he gets on my nerve in House, ( sorry for those who love him =P) and I never bothered to watch the series..cause just the advertisements are just major turn offs... but I heard its a very nice show.. ^^ )

~~~Favourite quotes ^^~~~
(BE WARNED THOUGH.. A LOT OF F-BOMBS!!! KABOOOMFACKABANG! )
Boss Kim: Yo dawg.
Tom Ludlow: Konnichiwa.
Boss Kim: What?
Tom Ludlow: Konnichiwa. Konnichiwa. It means what's up. So what the fuck's up?
Thug Kim: Konnichiwa is Japanese. It's insulting to Koreans.
Tom Ludlow: How am I supposed to tell if you can't?
Thug Kim: Fuck that's supposed to mean, white boy?
Tom Ludlow: It means you've got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipper-head dog-munching dick you are if you don't?
************************************************************************************
Tom Ludlow: This has to be you and me.
Detective Paul Diskant: Why do you think we're in the goddamn bathroom?
************************************************************************************
Captain Jack Wander: You like Tom, don't you? I saw the way you watched him when he came in. That's why you follow him around. You want him to give you a blowjob, like that hooker that I caught you with when we were sergeants, remember?
Captain James Biggs: Shut up, Jack!
Captain Jack Wander: Does your wife know that you use prostitutes, Jimmy?
Captain James Biggs: It was the best head I ever had. And what about you, Jack? You always found it hard to keep your prick out of the ghetto. It's a two-way street, buddy. You can't ride the tiger forever. You get the hell out of my office.
Captain Jack Wander: Do the department a favor and wash your mouth out with buckshot.
*************************************************************************************
Black Woman: Everyone comes here, they have a complaint. They sit down, I do waiting for motherfucking five hours and you're gonna ask me do I have a complaint? Obviously I have a complaint. You know what, this is some bullshit. That's why I hate all these motherfucking cops. Fuck all y'all!
*************************************************************************************
Tom Ludlow: You have a complaint?
Beating Victim: Motherfucker beat my ass like I was Rodney King, man. Except there was no video. Dude looked just like you, but black.
*************************************************************************************

I actually sympathise for the character a bit...sad thing... he's being manipulated like a puppet...
btw Martha Higareda who plays Grace Gracia ..Tom Ludlow's Girlfriend.. is HOT!
Awuuuu~~ AW! Aw! AW!

(This movie cost me Rm8)













"The Forbidden Kingdom" Directed by Rob Minkoff
Well...first of all I missed at least 30 minutes of the front part...so..T.T Can't say much..
( FIRST TIME I ACTUALLY MISSED A PART OF A MOVIE...come to think of it...I actually missed another movie "Pinocchio" when I was in primary...that was because of my dad=.= and this was because of a friend...can't blame no one... we are all thankful for the Art of Traffic COngestion) CHeers! XD

Well, it is an absolutely entertaining movie ^^ but its nothing really to shout about though...
I don't know why the Americans actually give lots of positive comments and love it... maybe its because the Art of Kung FU-.-
they should watch more CHinese films then...and read more novels of these genre...then they'll know how we (chinese ) feel about this movie... another Kung Fu movie which I honestly think...its just some movie to earn quick money by inserting 2 Kung Fu Kings....=.= Jet Li and Jacky Chan... interesting? nah.... If people happen to watch Hong Kong action movies (Okay I give credit to that particular genre... but the comedy still suck balls!) then they'll know that both Jet Li and Jacky Chan are old and there is a massive generation of kung fu fighters....

Like come on...what is the fuss about... everyone is anticipating for this combo? Its not like its Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Angelina Jolie, Daniel Craig (which girl can kick ass again...), fine I'll insert Mila Jovovich and Cameron Diaz....
(sure you people are like WTF CAMERON DIAZ? she certainly can kick arse in Charlie's Angels ok! and I love her ^^)
This combo will never happen....

Well, the movie... it certainly has nice choreography ^^ and settings...absolutely magnificento!
and lovely ladies ^^ *drools* and great special effect!
and erm...I don't think there's anything good to talk about...but these all are enough to satisfy ...

and the negative part...wow... I certainly cannot believe that after making so many Hollywood projects, both Jet Li and Jacky Chan...they still can't speak decent English=.=
they can't even pronounce properly and I had to read the subtitles for a few times....
My god, they can spend so much money on sets, training, effects but they can't spend a bit on an English tutor/instructor whatever?

and surprisingly newcomers Crystal Liu Yi Fei and Li Bing Bing ( newcomers as in first time in English projects...I think) spoke better and actually didn't made any mistakes.... but personally Crystal Liu was just delivering the lines...doesn't seem natural either... and Li Bing Bing is definitely impressive...

btw the script was bad...

and the dialogue is sucky....

did I said the script was bad?
yeah I absolutely did...LOL the script was BAD!

comon.... " You have come far to the Gate of No Gates"? or something like that...OMG=.=
Maybe its translation from some CHinese name which I think would be more logical...but it does suck in English...

and "Two Tigers cannot live in the same mountain"?
seriously...Chinese proverbs should and always remain as Chinese proverbs... never translate it..sound awkward... Maybe I think so cause Jacky Chan said it awkwardly...

All in all...entertaining movie cause I laugh a lot...sarcastically and enjoyably ^^

(I spent Rm9 on this one...Rm9!!!)

Conclusion = Never try to simply mix Chinese culture and translate stuff...because its weird and .....well, its weird!

0 Pixie illusions: